How To Write One Lakh On Cheque? Today, I will be writing about writing “1 lakh” on the cheque. This article has been written keeping in mind people who are not familiar with banking terminologies. So please relax and read it till the end.
Full Procedure: How To Write One Lakh On Cheque
If you have a bank account, you must have at least once written a cheque amount of Rs 1 lakh. If you have not, you may be a first-timer. So here is the procedure.
- First of all note down what has been to be written on the cheque. Let’s suppose I have written Rs 1 lakh as the amount on a cheque. The payee is “bank”. This is not a usual term we use for banks, but it makes you understand more easily.
- Second of all, make the numerical part in words: (here “lakh” and “one” has been written in (Hindi/Tamil/Marathi/Bengali … etc.) that corresponds to the amount written on the cheque).
- Third of all, make a cross over the entire numerical part: (it means that one lakh is to be crossed and given to the payee – bank).
- Finally, sign the cheque. In this example, I have signed as “M Raja”.
- The cheque is ready.
Full Procedure: How To Write Rs 50,000 On Cheque
Now let us understand the procedure of writing Rs 50,000 on a cheque. If you have to write Rs 50,000 on a cheque, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- 1) Write “fifty thousand” in words followed by “and” in-between:
- 2) Make the numerical part in words: (here “lakh” and “five” have been written in Hindi/Tamil/Marathi/Bengali… etc.) that corresponds to the amount written on the cheque).
- 3) Cross over the entire numerical part:
- 4) Finally, sign the cheque as “M Raja”.
It is really simple. So now you have understood writing one lakh on a cheque. Do try it by yourself and don’t forget to share your experience with us here!
Conditions For Writing One Lakh On Cheque
You are interested in writing one lakh on a cheque, let’s see the step-by-step guide on how to write Rs 1,00,000 or more on an ‘ONLY’ payee’s cheque.
Writing Rs 1,00,000 only is very much possible and stays within banking laws. But there are some conditions that should be followed to write one lakh rupees on the cheque.
The first condition that should be followed is that the payer (cheque writer) should have 100% balance in his account. If he does not have enough funds in his account, try writing only 99,999 or even less than Rs One Lakh.(Usually, Indian banks do not accept cheques for less than Rs One Thousand)
The next thing to be considered is the account type of the payer. If he has only Savings Bank Account or an Ordinary Current Account (no Fixed Deposit or Saving Bank Term Deposit Accounts), then this method will work.
The balance in a savings bank account should be greater than the amount to be written on the cheque.
Check with your bank before writing one lakh rupees on the payee’s cheque. Try mentioning 99,999 rupees instead of One Lakh if they refuse to accept it.
Writing Rs 1,00,000 on a cheque is not illegal or unheard of. It can be done, but it has to comply with the Banking Laws and Regulations concerned.
Basic Format Of A Cheque
We hope that we were able to explain clearly about How to Write Rs One Lakh Only on Cheque
The basic format of a cheque is as follows:
- Date ………………………….
- Pay to the Order of………………….
- (Signature) ……………………….
- I.D. No…………………………….
- For Value Received…………………
- Amount in words and figures………
But if you want to write one lakh on your cheque, this article will help you. Now, you can write any amount in words by following this simple manner.
If the number is 1 lakh say ONE LAKH. If it is 50000 say FIVE THOUSAND or if it’s 30000 say THREE THOUSAND etc… For numbers, more than three digits just put commas in between them. Like 275000 should be 275, 000.
- Two lakhs will be written as TWO LAKH
- Five lakhs will be written as FIVE LAKH etc.
NOTE: If the number is less than 100 just write it in words using numerals for the tens place and use no comma. And if it is more than 100, use a comma for every two digits (or as many as needed). Like 157 will be written as ONE FIFTY-SEVEN.
So if you want to write 1 lakh then it will be written as ONE LAKH and not 1, 00,000. And 10 lakhs will be written as TEN LAKH, not as 10, 00,000, etc.
Examples To Write Money On A Cheque
Following are some examples:-
If you want to write 20 thousand then it will be written as TWENTY THOUSAND NOT TWO LAKH. And if you want to write 20000 then it will be written as TWO THOUSAND NOT AS TWENTY LAKH.
If you want to write 300 then it will be written as THREE HUNDRED NOT AS THIRTY LAKHS. And 3300 will be written as THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED. And if you want to write three lakhs then it will be written as THREE LAKH NOT AS 3,00,000.
Conclusion: How to write 1 lakh on the cheque?
One lakh will be written as ONE LAKH. And two lakhs will be written TWO LAKH not 2, 00,000 or twenty lakhs will be written as TWENTY LAKH, not 20, 00,000, etc.
Pay to the Order of………………….
For Value Received………………… Amount in words and figures………
Thank you for reading this article! If any doubts, you can ask through the comments below. We will help you as soon as possible! Have a nice day!