Mesothelioma is the number one killer of Americans. More than any other type of cancer, mesothelioma claims lives at a rate unprecedented in this age.
In fact, mesothelioma is the deadliest and most aggressive cancer known to man. It has killed more Americans than any other type of cancer and all types of cancer combined.
Now there’s no cure for mesothelioma and it’s difficult to treat…which means that your survival chances are extremely low. Despite these facts, we get many calls from people seeking mesothelioma attorney assistance because they don’t know what they need to do next.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or have family members who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be one of the millions left without a true solution for your medical condition — and you want to get help now!
That’s why I created this website…because I believe that there really isn’t enough information on how to navigate through the maze of bills and insurance companies involved in dealing with mesothelioma or any type of cancer. So I want to share my knowledge about how to navigate the maze for those who suffer from this terrible disease.
Malignant Mesothelioma Legal Help
A recent study has revealed that the number of mesothelioma attorneys in the United States has fallen by more than half since 2002. The reason is simple: mesothelioma attorneys have been priced out of the market by an increasing number of new legal services providers.
So, it’s good to know there are still companies that are willing to help mesothelioma attorneys with their legal needs.
How to Find a Mesothelioma Lawyer
For many, mesothelioma lawyer assistance is a very personal matter. It is the disease that affects someone close to them, and the death that it brings. Many mesothelioma attorneys are relatives or friends of those who have already passed away from the disease.
The best way to find a mesothelioma lawyer is to go to the Mesothelioma Lawyer Directory. A mesothelioma attorney can help you determine if your loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or how to help them in their time of need and possibly even provide some financial assistance for their medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses.
The Initial Consultation
Mesothelioma is the name – and the condition – of a rare, life-threatening cancer that affects about two hundred thousand Americans each year. While it is often thought of in terms of fatal cancers, mesothelioma can also be caused by exposure to asbestos (a mineral known as chrysotile) or other types of toxic air.
In addition to the very real possibility that mesothelioma will someday affect you (and if so, what you do about it), there are also many other factors you should consider when taking on this kind of case:
- The legal process involved in mesothelioma litigation often takes years to complete and is expensive. It’s not uncommon for a mesothelioma attorney to bill upwards of $5 million or more just to get started with your case.
- In addition to your medical bills, there are criminal penalties that can befall a person whose claim is unsuccessful. Not only can the court make an award for damages, but if convicted it can also sentence you to jail time and/or fines.
- One thing that can help speed up the process is having an experienced lawyer partner who knows your situation well and has already been through this process from start to finish. It’s also important that your lawyer understand how this type of case may affect your entire family and business — such as selling your house or business — so he or she understands how those changes may impact everything else in your life.
You don’t have to go through all these steps all at once — I strongly encourage going through them one by one so you have time to think about each one thoroughly before moving on — but I suggest doing what works best for you: do all of them at once! If you do them all at once, they will probably feel less overwhelming and more manageable than if they were spread out over time. If you do them one at a time, this would allow some breathing room towards the end where we hope most cases have some hope.
The Lawsuit Process
Lawyers are notorious for their ability to see patterns or relationships that others cannot. This is why they are so valuable — they can spot trends and knowledge gaps before the masses. A lawyer can also help you make sense out of a difficult situation.
If you’re having financial problems, you want legal advice early so that you can get the protection you need from a competent attorney and avoid any potential problems down the line. If you’re having legal problems, it is best to seek a lawyer that specializes in mesothelioma (also known as “airway cancer”). It is estimated that there are 1,000 mesothelioma cases per year in the United States and its incidence rate is increasing.
So, what information do lawyers typically give you? What kinds of questions should they ask?
1) For Mesothelioma:
- Is my case unique?
- Do I have enough medical evidence to prove my case?
- Does my case require expensive post-mortem testing? (Which is expensive)
2) For Non-Mesothelioma:
- Do I have enough medical evidence to prove my case? (Which is expensive)
- Do I have enough money to pay for counsel? (Which is expensive)
- Would I be better off filing for bankruptcy if things go south (which doesn’t happen often)?
- Can I get a fair trial without going to trial over some issues? (Which isn’t often).
- Will it be easy or difficult getting back into work after litigation?
- Will there be any subsequent developments on this matter that may affect my case or settlement amount (if applicable)?
- Do my other legal issues also need attention in this matter?
- Is this an emergency situation or am I just being prudent with my funds?
- What would be your recommendation if your friend was involved and their finances were at risk as well as yours because of mesothelioma litigation/settlement amount/equity/etc.? (A lawyer will usually try to find a way to help both people involved.)
- Who else has had a similar experience and how did it turn out for them(a lawyer will usually try to find a way to help both people involved.
The mesothelioma attorney assistance business is the fastest growing and most lucrative part of the mesothelioma industry. This post is meant to give a brief outline of what mesothelioma attorney assistants do, and how they can help you in your mesothelioma treatment process.
The mesothelioma lawyer assistance business has always been a large part of the mesothelial cancer treatment industry. Mesothelioma treatments are a very expensive proposition, even for relatively newly diagnosed patients with relatively low mesothelial cancer risks. With that said, there are still many more people who don’t know that their cancers are mesotheliomas and don’t have access to lawyers or attorneys who can help them through the most difficult parts of this disease. Mesothelioma lawyer assistants offer a few different ways of helping those who want to find a lawyer or attorney in order to help them navigate through this disease.
The meso lawyer assistant services include:
- 1) Advocacy
- 2) Litigation
- 3) Malpractice defense
- 4) Expert witness services
- 5) Compensation