Mesothelioma lawyer or asbestos attorney can help you receive compensation after developing an asbestos related disease. He/she specializes in asbestos compensation through a lawsuit. The best mesothelioma lawyers work for well known law firm with proven case winning records. The best attorneys are experienced enough in winning mesothelioma lawsuits and settlements. These lawyers use their extensive asbestos litigation experience and hold asbestos companies responsible for their negligence.
Qualities of Best Mesothelioma Attorney
- The best mesothelioma lawyers successfully litigate asbestos cases.
- These attorneys work hard for meso cancer patients and their families to get them the compensation.
- A reputable meso lawyer will offer you a free case review.
- Top mesothelioma lawyers have access to asbestos database, medical records, and more from previous asbestos lawsuits that can be used to help your case.
- Meso attorney have years of experience handling and winning cases.
- Mesothelioma personal injury lawyers are compassionate about listening to your case because they know how asbestos exposure has affected the life of your loved ones.
- The best mesothelioma cancer lawyer has a proven track record of winning asbestos lawsuits and successful verdicts.
- Some top mesothelioma law firms have military veterans as attorneys who help other people receive compensation for asbestos-related disease through VA legal claims and legal lawsuits.
- Mesothelioma lawyers only get paid if they win your case on your behalf.
What An Asbestos Attorney Can Provide You
What to expect when working with a meso lawyer? How can a mesothelioma attorney help me?A mesothelioma attorney will have experience in mesothelioma wrongful death or personal injury claims. Lawyers for mesothelioma can help you get compensation for your asbestos related disease. An asbestos attorney can:
- Build the most effective case against the manufacturers for you to get compensation.
- Access the tools and database needed to prove negligence of a company.
- Help you gather evidence to support your case.
- Help you understand your financial compensation options for your wrongful exposure to asbestos.
- Represent you in court because they are familiar with the complex legal process.
- Help you in fund claims.
Mesothelioma legal team
Mesothelioma trial attorneys work with an entire legal team that is fully experienced. Your meso attorney team may consist of:
- Attorneys guide you through entire legal process to get compensation.
- Investigators search for the proofs on the basis of which your case can become strong.
- Medical experts look into the physical condition of the meso cancer patient. They examine the condition of the person and on the basis of this they guide meso lawyers about the compensation required for the medical treatment of that particular patient.
- Paralegals help you in conducting legal and factual research. They are also helpful in the drafting and documentation of your case.
Types of Claims Mesothelioma Lawyers Handle
Lawsuits are not filed against the U.S. government or the military. Your mesothelioma attorney will determine which type of claim to file based on your specific case. Types of meso claims include personal injury lawsuits, wrongful death lawsuits, class action lawsuits, and VA claims.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
A wrongful death lawsuit against one or more companies that exposed the deceased to asbestos can be filed by the loved one of deceased person from asbestos disease. The family member can seek compensation on behalf of the mesothelioma victim.
Personal Injury Lawsuits
A personal injury lawsuit can be filed against those companies that may be responsible for the disease of a person. An individual files a claim after developing an asbestos related illness such as mesothelioma or lung cancer.
Asbestos Trust Funds
Bankrupt asbestos companies have set aside billions to compensate people who were exposed to asbestos. Qualified asbestos lawyers are adept in the asbestos trust fund claims.
Class Action Lawsuit
This type of lawsuit is filed on behalf of a group of people affected by the same incident or negligence of asbestos company.
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides monetary and health care benefits to U.S. military veterans who got exposed to asbestos during military service.
Statute of Limitations
When should I contact an asbestos attorney? What does it mean by statute of limitations in case of asbestos disease? Here, I will guide you that when should you file a claim for meso compensation? It is important to contact a mesothelioma lawyer as soon as possible after you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness.
Mesothelioma claims must be filed within a specific period of time after diagnosis of mesothelioma disease or death. This time period limit is called the statute of limitations.
Typically, the statute of limitations is between time periods of one to four years but it may vary by state and the claim that you have filed. Such as, in mesothelioma personal injury claim, the statute of limitations timeline starts after the patient’s diagnosis with a disease. For wrongful death claims, this time period limitations begin following the death of a patient.
Asbestos Filings by Jurisdictions
|Disease||2017 Filings||2018 Filings||2019 Filings||%age change 2018-2019|
Expenses Covered by Legal Compensation
Mesothelioma related compensation expenses may include:
- Travel expenses
- Funeral costs
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Travel expenses
- Funeral costs
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
Notable Mesothelioma Settlement Amounts
Settlements award $1 million in total compensation. About 99% of mesothelioma claims end with a settlement to the victim. Mesothelioma lawsuits have helped thousands of people receive financial compensation through a settlement or trial verdict. Notable meso lawsuit compensation amounts include:
- $117 Million for retired banker Stephen Lanzo III and his wife in 2018. This was against consumer goods giant Johnson & Johnson and talc supplier Imerys Talc America.
- $75 Million for the wife of a race car driver in New York against a group of auto-part manufacturers.
- $32.7 Million for Franklin Finch, Tire plant worker in a 2020 lawsuit that enabled his surviving family to pay medical bills and cover lost wages.
- $29.4 Million for Teresa Leavitt in a 2019 lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson to help cover medical expenses and lost income due to acquiring mesothelioma using its asbestos contaminated talcum powder for 20 years.
- $10.2 million settlement for a Navy veteran in Washington.
- $9.5 million settlement award for a construction worker in California.
- $6.5 million settlement for a veteran and oil field worker in Louisiana.
- $1.2 million settlement award for a woman who developed the disease from secondhand exposure in Missouri.
Mesothelioma Lawyer FAQs
Who is the best mesothelioma lawyer?
The best mesothelioma attorney will make you feel comfortable while dealing with your case. He/she will respect and value you because they know the damage you or your family members have suffered due to exposure to asbestos.
Am I eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit? Who is eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit?
Mesothelioma patients or their loved ones may be able to file a lawsuit. An asbestos attorney will review factors to file an asbestos claim.
How do I choose a mesothelioma lawyer?
It is crucial to choose a mesothelioma attorney with extensive experience in handling meso cases. You need a dedicated attorney to guide you to determine where and when you were exposed to asbestos and which companies to sue.
Why should I hire a mesothelioma attorney?
A mesothelioma law firm is experienced in handling mesothelioma and asbestos related lawsuits. They have extensive knowledge regarding eligibility and requirements for filing an asbestos lawsuit such as statutes of limitations, nature of disease, impact of illness, etc.
How much does it cost to hire a mesothelioma lawyer?
Many mesothelioma law firms offer free consultations and only require payment if you win the case.It does not cost anything to hire a top mesothelioma lawyer. Your attorney will only collect a small percentage of your compensation amount if you win your lawsuit.